- Australia’s emergency managers – leading, or being led, through change? Presentation at the Australian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council (AFAC) annual conference, Perth, 6 September 2018 [Powerpoint].
- Will I be sued?’ Legal considerations in first aid: Duty of care; Good Samaritan and volunteer protection; and Consent. Presentation at National Institute of First Aid Trainers, Sydney 25 August 2018 [Powerpoint][Video].
- Volunteers before the courts – when and why? Presentation at NSW Rural Fire Service Association Annual Conference, Sydney 7 and 8 July 2018 [Powerpoint] [Video]
- Open forum. NSW SES Southern Highlands Region Controller Leadership Forum, Yass 19 May 2018 [Powerpoint].
- Clearing up the legal myths. Presentation at St John Ambulance Australia National Conference, Canberra, 5 May 2018 [Powerpoint].
- Work Legally and Ethically. Contribution to training for recruit ACT Ambulance Call takers, ACT Emergency Services Agency Training Centre, Hume, 20 April 2018.
- Clearing up the legal myths. Presentation at St John Ambulance (NSW) Professional Development Day, Burwood, 25 February 2018 [Powerpoint].
Sharing responsibility and making communities resilient? Presentation at South Australian Zone Emergency Management Symposium, Camden Park, 30 November 2017 [Powerpoint].
Legal Issues: NSW SES Southern Highlands Region Controllers Professional Development Workshop, ACT Emergency Services Agency Training Centre, Hume, 18 November 2017 [Powerpoint].
Legal Issues for CareFlight. Presentation to CPD evening for CareFlight medical and aircrew, Westmead, 9 November 2017 [Powerpoint].
Reviewing high risk and high consequence decisions: finding a safer way. Presentation to the annual joint conference of the Australian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council (AFAC) and the Bushfire and Natural Hazards Cooperative Research Centre, Sydney, 5 September 2017 [Powerpoint] [Audio].
Balancing nature conservation and risk management. Presentation to the National Parks Association (ACT) Bushfire Management – Balancing the Risks Symposium, Canberra, 21 July 2017 [Extract from Symposium proceedings] [Audio].
- Eburn, M and Collins, A ‘Recognising Limits of International Law in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) as Problem and Solution’. Presentation and the International Law and Disaster Risk Reduction Symposium, University of Reading (UK), 29 June 2017. [Website][Powerpoint] [Audio].
- Legal issues in CPR. Presentation (via videoconference) to the Resus @ The Park, Luna Park, Sydney, 2 June 2017 [Website] [Powerpoint] [Audio] [Pre-recorded video for use if the videoconference failed].
- Lessons From Disasters? Looking For A New Way To Learn. Presentation at the UK Cabinet Office’s Emergency Planning College, Easingwolds (York) 17 May 2017 [Website] [Powerpoint] [Audio].
- Disasters and Law. Lecture for students enrolled in KE6017 – Development and Disasters at Northumbria University, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 9 March 2017 [Powerpoint] [Audio part 1][Audio part 2].
- Recognising the limits of International law in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) – why it is part of the problem, and only part of the solution. Staff Seminar presented at Northumbria University, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 1 March 2017 [Powerpoint] [Audio].
- Reviewing High Risk and High Consequence Decisions: Finding a Safer Way. Paper presented at the 14th International Wildland Fire Safety Summit, Barcelona (Spain), 31 January 2017 [Website] [Powerpoint] [Audio].
- International Disaster Law- an issue of Sovereign or Human Rights? Presentation at the inaugural conference of the UK Alliance for Disaster Research, King’s College, London, 9 January 2017 [Website] [Powerpoint].
- Invited participant, Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department, Garran Strategy Series Discussion on Resilient communities in 2030 – Rethinking Policy boundaries, 15 December 2016.
- Coming to a person’s aid when off duty. Australia and New Zealand College of Paramedicine Professional Development event, Canberra, 30 November 2016 [Powerpoint][Audio].
- The law and its application to multiagency emergency responses on airports. Presentation to the Australian Airports Association Annual Conference, Canberra, 25 November 2016.
- Lessons From Emergency Services. Presentation at the Australian Institute for Disaster Resilience (AIDR) Lessons Management Forum. Melbourne, 17 November 2016.
- Eburn, M. and Cary, G., You own the fuel, but who owns the fire? Presentation at the 2016 Australian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council (AFAC)/Bushfire and Natural Hazards CRC (BNHCRC) annual conference, Brisbane, 1 September 2016 [Powerpoint].
- Lukasiewicz, A., Dovers, S. and Eburn, M., Sharing responsibility for disaster resilience: what are the obligations of community? Presentation at the 2016 Australian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council (AFAC)/Bushfire and Natural Hazards CRC (BNHCRC) annual conference, Brisbane, 30 August 2016.
- Legal responsibilities and accountability within emergency first aid – issues for Navy. Presentation for professional development day at HMAS Penguin, Sydney, 29 August 2016.
- Legal Ramifications of Providing 1st Aid in the Public Arena (And it’s not as bad as you might think). Presentation to St John Ambulance Australia (ACT) 16 August 2016.
- Paramedic registration – legal implications for the practitioner. Presentation at Paramedics Australasia professional development evening, Canberra, 16 June 2016.
- The coroner and preparing for cross-examination. Paramedics Australasia Professional Development Day, Adelaide, 5 April 2016 [video – Paramedics Australasia log in required].
- Invited expert. Issues in Disaster Management, workshop run by Thinkspace Emergency Management at Bruce Hall, Australian National University, 16 March 2016.
- Natural hazard risk – to disclose or not do disclose – that is the question? Presentation for the Western Australian Local Government Association and Local Government Insurance Service, Bunbury 9 November 2015 [Audio] and Perth 10 November 2015 [Audio], Western Australia.
- The Legal Consequences of Ignoring Climate Change. Presentation for the Western Australian Local Government Association and Local Government Insurance Service, Bunbury 9 November 2015 [Audio] and Perth 10 November 2015 [Audio], Western Australia.
- Legal responsibilities and accountability within emergency first aid. Professional Development Seminar, HMAS Penguin (Sydney) 9 December 2015 and HMAS Stirling (Perth) 5 November 2015 [Audio, HMAS Stirling].
- Disaster Law Seminar. Centre for Military & Security Law, Australian National University, 2 December 2015 [Powerpoint][Audio].
- Natural Justice in the SES and AFAC Emergency Management Professionalisation Scheme. Two presentations to the National State Emergency Service Volunteers Association Meeting, Gold Coast, 15 November 2015 [Audio].
- The ILC’s Draft Articles on Protection of persons in the event of disasters. Presentation to Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and Attorney-General’s Department, Canberra, 24 August 2015.
- Paramedic registration – and why you should care. Presentation to ACT Ambulance, Canberra, 9 October 2015 [Audio], the National Council of Ambulance Unions Annual Conference, Canberra, 20 August 2015 [Audio] and at the Australian and New Zealand College of Paramedicine annual conference, Sydney, 15 August 2015 [Audio].
- ‘Legal responsibilities and accountability within emergency first aid’. Presentation at the 2015 Skills for Life First Aid Instructors Professional Development Conference, Sydney, 7 August 2015. [Presentation] [Audio] [Supplementary material (audio)]
- ‘Legal implication of HS@W legislation, the Rural fire fighters perspective’ and ‘Legal implication of HS@W legislation, the Fire Service perspective‘. Presentations at the 2015 Annual Conference of the Forest and Rural Firefighters Association of New Zealand, Blenheim, 5 August 2015. [Presentation 1] [Audio 1] [Presentation 2] [Audio 2].
- ‘Regional Cooperation on Disaster Management in the Asia Pacifc‘ Presentation at the ‘Disasters and International Law in the Asia-Pacific Workshop’, University of New South Wales, Sydney, 24 July 2015. [Presentation]
- ‘The Australian Experience in the Cooperation on Disaster Management‘ Presentation at the launch of the Italian IDRL report, Bolgona, 15 June 2015 [Presentation].
- ‘Trends in Australian Wildfire Litigation‘ Plenary Keynote presentation, 9th Annual Wildland Fire Litigation Conference, Monterey, California, USA, 3 May 2015. [Powerpoints] [Audio]
- Questions about liability. Presentation to the Canobolas Zone, NSW Rural Fire Service, 16 April 2015.
- Eburn, M., Hudson, D., Cha, I and Dovers, S., Learning from Adversity: What has 75 years of bushfire inquiries (1939-2013) taught us?. Presentation to the joint Bushfire and Natural Hazards CRC (BNHCRC) and Australian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council (AFAC) conference, Wellington, NZ, 3 September 2014.
- Perth Airport – Emergency Law. Presentations to Perth Airport Emergency Committee, support agencies and airlines, Burswood, 13 August 2014 (part of a series of presentations to Perth Airport Executive Team, Emergency and Security services and senior Airport and key airline staff, Perth, WA, 11-13 August 2014.
- WHS for WA volunteer firefighters. Presentation for firefighters in the city of Albany, WA, 14 August 2014.
- Volunteer to career… After dinner talk, NSW Rural Fire Service, Region West Group Captains Meeting, Young, NSW, 11 July 2014.
- Three cases from 2012. Presentation to the NSW Rural Fire Service, Region West Group Captains Meeting, Young, NSW, 11 July 2014.
- Learning lessons. Presentation delivered to the Australian Government Exercise Coordination Group, Canberra, 8 July 2014.
- Emerging Legal Considerations in Emergency Management. Presentation delivered to the joint Emergency Management Australia & Australian Maritime Safety Authority Master Class, Darwin, NT, 2 June 2014 (Audio)
- It’s all a question of duty… Presentation to the St John Ambulance Australia (NSW) Leadership Advancement Program, Burwood, NSW, 15 May 2014.
- Regulation of paramedicine. Lecture to paramedic students, the University of Western Sydney, Campbelltown, New South Wales, 15 May 2014.
- Disaster Resilience: Making the National Strategy local. The H. Drummond Memorial Lecture, Drummond and Smith College, the University of New England, Armidale, New South Wales, 8 May 2014. (Audio; Powerpoint slides.)
- Emerging Legal Challenges for the Sector. Presentation delivered to the Australian & New Zealand Disaster and Emergency Management Conference, Gold Coast, Queensland, 6 May 2014 (Audio).
- Learning lessons from disasters: alternatives to Royal Commissions and other quasi-judicial inquiries. Presentation delivered to the National Security and Emergency Management Knowledge and Lessons Management Workshop, the Australian Emergency Management Institute, Mt Macedon, Victoria, 30 April 2014.
- I’m an officer – get me out of here! Presentation to ACT Rural Fire Service, 8 October 2013.
- Learning Lessons from Australian Disasters. Public Lecture delivered at the Emergency Planning College, York, UK, 9 September 2013 [YouTube video].
- Risk management – law and governance: Bridging the gap between action and (legal) actions. Presentation at the combined Dealing with Disasters/Integrated Disaster Risk Management (IDRiM) Society annual conference, University of Northumbria, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK, 6 September 2013. [Powerpoint].
- Developing ‘resilient communities’ that ‘share responsibility’ – issues for law. Presentation at the Building Community and Organisational Resilience Conference, Adelaide, 18 July 2013.
- Suing the Australian fire brigades: a question of duty. Presentation at the NSW Rural Fires Association bi-annual Conference, Mudgee, 23 June 2013.
- Have you ever asked yourself ‘what if something went seriously wrong during a fire and who is responsible? Presentation at the NSW Rural Fire Service Group Captains Meeting, Harden, 17 June 2013.
- What does success look like? – A legal perspective. Presentation at the New Zealand Regional Rural Fire Authorities Chairpersons conference, Napier (NZ), 12 June 2013.
- Understanding fire law – Potential liabilities. Presentation at the New Zealand Regional Rural Fire Authorities Chairpersons conference, Napier (NZ), 11 June 2013.
- What does success look like? – A legal perspective. Presentation at the Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council (AFAC) Executive Command Forum, Manly, 5 June 2013.
- Courts and Royal Commissions. Presentation at Queensland Fire and Rescue Level III Incident Controllers’ course, Brisbane, 4 June 2013. [Scenario].
- I’m a volunteer – what’s the law got to do with it? Presentation at the NSW State Emergency Service, Southern Highlands Region Controller’s Conference, Queanbeyan, 1 June 2013.
- On Legal Precedents -Sharing responsibility. Presentation at the Regenerating … People & Place … Prosperity & Preparedness conference,Kinglake, 5 May 2013.
- Australian Emergency Law: A blog in progress. Presentation to the Australasian Librarians in Emergency Services annual conference, Mt Macedon, 27 March 2013.
- Mainstreaming law and policy. Presentation to the National Round Table for Bushfire Research as part of the Planning Institute of Australia annual conference, Canberra, 26 March 2013.
- Legal Issues around civil contingencies in Australia: All hazards? All agencies?Presentation to Legal perspectives on contingencies and resilience seminar series, London (via Skype) 19 March 2013.
- Burton and Garran Hall Round Table: “The Clock Is Ticking: How Long Do We Have?”, Burton and Garron Hall, ANU, Canberra, 13 March 2013.
- Law’s contribution to emergency and disaster management. Presentation at the Disaster Development Centre, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne (UK), 8 December 2012.
- Enforcing safety with law – implications for incident controllers and fire agencies. (Keynote). International Association of Wildland Fire, 12th International Wildland Fire Safety Summit, Sydney, 25 October 2012.
- Sharing responsibility and community resilience: The role of law in converting policy to action. Next Generation Disaster Management Forum for Practitioners and Researchers, Canberra, 24 October 2012.
- How to avoid legal action – what you need to know about emergency management law. Disaster Response Emergency Management & Public Safety Australian National Expo, Gold Coast, 23 October 2012.
- Australian emergency management arrangements and law. Presentation to California Western Law School (via Skype) 13 October 2012.
- What does success look like for emergency managers – or how do you know when you’ve done a good job? Presentation for the Country Fire Service, Adelaide, 4 October 2012.
- Warragamba Winery v NSWand Meyer v State Fire Commission (Tas). Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council (AFAC) and Bushfire CRC Annual Conference, Perth 30 August 2012.
- Panel Member – Hypothetical – Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council (AFAC) and Bushfire CRC Annual Conference, Perth 30 August 2012.
- What do inquiries really need to know about ESOs? Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council (AFAC) and Bushfire CRC Annual Conference, Perth 29 August 2012.
- Paramedic law. Australian College of Ambulance Professionals Continuing Professional Development Seminar, Perth, 27 August 2012.
- ‘Warragamba Winery v NSW’ Presentation for the ACT Emergency Services Agency, 9 July 2012.
- Eburn, M. and Dovers, S., Legal & Institutional Dimensions of Response to Climate Induced Disasters. Presentation at the National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility Annual Conference, Melbourne, 27 June 2012.
- Disclosure issues in the Coroners’ Courts and before Royal Commissions. Slater and Gordon Medical Law day, Canberra, 8 May 2012.
- Eburn, M. and Dovers, S., Mainstreaming fire and emergency management across legal and policy sectors: joint research and policy learning. Fenner School of Environment and Society Research Seminar, 3 May 2012.
- Eburn, M. and Dovers, S., Sharing responsibility with governments and their agencies. IAWF 3rd Human Dimensions of Wildland Fire Conference, Seattle, Washington USA, 19 April 2012.
- Mitigating Wildfire Devastation in Policy and in Practice: Lessons from the Australian Experience. Seminar, School of Public Affairs, University of Colorado, Denver USA, 11 April 2012. [Powerpoint]
- Sharing responsibility, perspectives from current research. Visions of Sharing Responsibility Workshop, Melbourne, 29th March 2012.
- The Future for Bushfire Law. Bushfire CRC Future Scenarios Workshop, Canberra, 15 November 2011.
- Governments and emergency response. Bushfire CRC/AFAC Annual Conference, Sydney, 1 September 2011.
- Eburn, M. and Dovers, S., Mainstreaming Emergency Management into Law: An update and questions for future study. Bushfire CRC/AFAC Annual Conference, Sydney, 1 September 2011.
- Volunteers and litigation. Bushfire CRC/AFAC Annual Conference Professional Development day, Sydney, 29 August 2011.
- Emergency Management for Local Government- Legal Issues. Seminar presented at the Emergency Management for Local Government course Emergency Management Australia Institute, Mt Macedon, 24 August 2011 [Scenario], 23 February 2011, 10 November 2010, 19 May 2010 [Scenario], 13 August 2009, 30 April 2008, 18 July 2007, 13 February 2007; 8 August 2006; 27 June 2006; 28 February 2006; 29 April 2005; 17 March 2005; 26 February 2004 (via video conference); 29 August 2003.
- ECCs [Emergency Coordination Centres] in the judicial spotlight! Seminar presented at the Coordinate resources within a multi-agency emergency response course, Emergency Management Australia Institute, Mt Macedon, 24 August 2011, 28 June 2011, 11 May 2011, 10 November 2010.
- Why volunteers shouldn’t worry (too much) about being sued; Part II. NSW Rural Fires Association Conference, Coffs Harbour, 18 June 2011. [Powerpoint].
- Bushfire litigation – an Australian view. 5th Annual Wildland Fire Litigation Conference, San Diego, USA, 16 April 2011.
- The emerging legal issue of failure to warn. 5th Annual Emergency Media and Public Affairs Conference, Canberra, 11 April 2011.
- International Disaster Response – Law. Seminar presented as part of the Master of International Crisis Management, Monash University, Melbourne, 17 March 2011.
- Legal consequences from the 2003 Canberra fires. Presentation at the 2010 Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council/Bushfire CRC annual conference, Darwin, 10 September 2010. [Powerpoint].
- News from the courts – post disaster legal proceedings and implications for emergency managers. Presentation at the 4th Australasian Natural Hazards Management Conference, Wellington New Zealand, 11 August 2010.
- Why volunteers shouldn’t worry (too much) about being sued. NSW Rural Fires Association Canberra, Canberra, 20 June 2010.
- Fire Brigades before the Courts. NSW Rural Fire Service Southern Region Staff Conference, Wagga Wagga, 1 June 2010.
- Legal Issues For St John First Aiders. St John Ambulance Australia (NSW), Sydney University Division, Sydney, 12 April 2010. [Scenario].
- Legal issues for Tasmania Fire Service and Tasmania Police. Tasmania Fire Service, Hobart, 21 January 2010. [Session 1; Session 2; Scenario].
- Managing Expectations is a Legal Issue – Not, 16th Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Authority Council and 6th Bushfire CRC Conference, Gold Coast Exhibition and Conference Centre, Broadbeach, 23 September 2009. [Powerpoint].
- International Disaster Response law in Australia. Workshop presented with Helga-Bara Bragadottir (International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies) and Andrew Coghlan (Australian Red Cross), 3rd Australian Natural Hazards Management Conference, Melbourne, 5 August 2009.
- Media Access to Emergencies – Command, Control or Co-ordination?Emergency Media and Public Affairs Conference, Melbourne, 26 May 2009. [Powerpoint].
- (Legal) Risk Assessment. NSW State Emergency Service, Albury, 19 November 2008. [Scenario 1 & Powerpoint; Scenario 2 & Powerpoint; Scenario 3].
- Protecting volunteers and Litigation for failure to warn of natural hazards and community resilience. Presentations at a joint meeting of the Victoria State Emergency Service and Country Fire Authority, Melbourne, 12 September 2008 [Powerpoint – volunteers] and the Office of the Emergency Services Commissioner, Melbourne, 6 August 2008. [Powerpoint – volunteers; Powerpoint – Fail to warn].
- Eburn, M. and Handmer, J., Legal Issues and Information on Natural Hazards. 2nd Australasian Natural Hazards Emergency Management Conference, Wellington, New Zealand, 29 July 2008. [Powerpoint].
- Potential legal issues for ambulance services. Department of Community Emergency Health and Paramedic Practice, Monash University, Frankston, 8 May 2008. [Powerpoint].
- Emergency law and the Emergency Management Act 2005 (WA). West Australian Local Government Association Conference, Perth, 6 August 2007.
- Tort Liability for failure to warn of natural hazards – A threat to community resilience. Australasian Natural Hazards Emergency Management Conference, Brisbane, 3 July 2007. [Powerpoint].
- International Disaster Response Law- Issues for Australia.International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Australian Red Cross and AusAid ‘Roundtable’, Canberra, 13 April 2007.
- Assisting on the Return Journey: International Law and the Role of the International Community. International Emergency Management Conference, Adelaide, 14 March 2007. [Powerpoint].
- The Responsibility to Protect Populations from Natural Disasters; an Extension of International Humanitarian law. School of Law Staff Seminar, University of Glamorgan (Pontyprydd, Wales), 29 January 2007 and McCoubrey Centre for International Law, 2006/2007 International Law Seminar Series, University of Hull (Kingston-upon-Hull, England), 2 February 2007.
- Tort Liability – Challenge and Opportunity. Northern Territory Local Government Association Annual Conference, Darwin, 12 May 2006. [Scenario].
- Legal Issues for NSW SES. 2006.
- Outlawry in Colonial Australia: The Felons Apprehension Acts 1865-1899. Australia and New Zealand Law and History Society Annual Conference, University of Auckland, 11 July 2005; School of Law Staff Seminar, University of Glamorgan (Pontyprydd, Wales), 18 February 2004; School of Law Work in Progress Seminar, University of Hull (Kingston-upon-Hull, England), 10 December 2003.
- Should paternity be linked to sexual intercourse? Australasian Law Teachers Association Annual Conference, University of Waikato, 6 July 2005. [Powerpoint].
- Reflections on online teaching and learning. Australasian Law Teachers Association Annual Conference, Queensland University of Technology, 9 July 2003. [Powerpoint].
- Protecting volunteers- a review of recent legislative developments. Australian Law Teachers Association Annual Conference, Queensland University of Technology, 7 July 2003.
- Eburn, M and Werren, J., Legal issues in Mental Health. New England Area Health Service Mental Health workshop, 13 December 2002.
- Do students want innovative teaching? Strategic Teaching Forum University of New England, 20 February 2002.
- Emergency Service Volunteers and Legal Liability: Who pays when things go wrong? Celebrating Volunteers; The Heart Beat of the Nation, Adelaide, 5 August 2001. [Powerpoint].
- The Legal Regulation of OHS. UNE Union OHS committee training, 21 May 2001.
- Care, carers, doctors… and the law? Dementia Care Workshop, Lismore, 27 October 2000. [Powerpoint].
- Legislating for Medical End-of-Life Decisions. Australian Institute of Health Law and Ethics Annual Conference, University of Sydney, 9 July 2000.
- Theatrical Advocacy; A report on Advocacy Training at UNE. Australasian Law Teachers Association Annual Conference, University of Canberra, 4 July 2000.
- Emergency Law. Keynote address, Institute of Ambulance Officers National Conference, Sydney, 14 October 1999.
- Legal Issues. (Keynote address) Carer Respite Centres State Conference, Coffs Harbour, 18 September 1999. [Powerpoint].
- Duty of Care and Community Health Workers. Community Health Workers Seminar, Tweed Heads, March 1998.
- End of Life Decisions- where are we now? (Plenary session.) Managing End of Life Decisions, Rural Doctors Resource Network, Armidale 26-27 July 1997.
- Danger and Response: Identifying and Avoiding Legal Issues for St John. St John Ambulance Australia (Vic), Commissioner’s Conference, Melbourne, August 1997 and National Management Training Seminar, Sydney, April 1997.
- Ethical Issues in Active Voluntary Euthanasia. Centre for Health, Law, Ethics and Policy: Human Life and Death forum, University of Newcastle, 6 December 1996.
- Setting the Standards for Medical Negligence: The Bolam Test post Rogers v Whitaker. Continuing Legal Education Seminar, University of New England, 24 October 1996.
- Director’s Duties. Legal and Insurance Issues for Community Health Workers Seminar, Port Macquarie, July 1996.
- Duty of Care and Community Health Workers. Legal and Insurance Issues for Community Health Workers Seminar, Port Macquarie, July 1996.
- Death Gives Birth to the need for new Law. Christian Centre for Bioethics 10th Annual Bioethics Conference, Sydney Adventist Hospital, 24-25 March 1996.
- Duty of Care and Community Health Workers. Ballina Primary Health Care Seminar, Lismore, October, 1995.
- Legal Implications of withholding resuscitation. St John Ambulance Australia (NSW) Instructors Conference, Sydney, September 1995.
- Voluntary Euthanasia- The Northern Territory Experience. Department of Law Research Seminar, University of New England, 28 July 1995.
- Duty of Care and Community Health Workers. Community Options Conference, Coffs Harbour, 17 March 1995.
- Liabilities of Directors and Staff. Aged Services Association (New England Branch) Industrial Seminar, Armidale, October 1994.
- Bioethics and the Challenge of Technological Change. The Mid-North Coast Social Science Teachers’ Association HSC Legal Studies Student Seminar, Coffs Harbour, September 1994.
- Professional Responsibilities. Community Organisations and the Law Conference, Armidale, June 1994.
- Ethics in Home and Community Care. Community Organisations and the Law Conference, Armidale, June 1994.