- Emergency Law: Rights, liabilities and duties of emergency workers and volunteers (1st ed 1999; 2nd ed 2005; 3rd ed 2010, 4th ed 2013; The Federation Press, Sydney). (Cited by Penfold J in State of New South Wales v West & Anor  ACTCA 14,  and by Walmsley AJ in Warragamba Winery Pty Ltd v State of New South Wales (No 9)  NSWSC 701).
- Hayes and Eburn: Criminal Law and Procedure in NSW (1st ed 2002; 2nd ed 2005; 3rd ed 2009 (each with Robert Hayes); 4th ed (with Rod Howie and Paul Sattler) 2013; 5th ed (with Rod Howie, Paul Sattler and Marissa Hood) 2016, 6th and 7th eds continued by Howie, Sattler and Hood, Lexis/Nexis). (Cited by Kirby J in Heron v R  HCA 17, ).
- ‘Looking to Courts of Law for Disaster Justice’ in Lukasiewicz, A and Baldwin, C, (eds) Natural Hazards and Disaster Justice: Challenges for Australia and Its Neighbours, (Palgrave Macmillan, 2020) DOI: 10.1007/978-981-15-0466-2_7.
- Eburn, M., Collins, A. and da Costa, K., ‘Recognising Limits of International Law in Disaster Risk Reduction as Problem and Solution’ in Samuel, K.L.H., Aronsson-Storrier, M. and Bookmiller, K.N (eds) The Cambridge Handbook of Disaster Risk Reduction and International Law (Cambridge University Press, 2019).
- McDonald, F., Eburn, M. and Smith, E., ‘Legal and Ethical Aspects of Disaster Management’ in Fitzgerald, G., Aitken, P., Tarrant, M. and Fredriksen, M. (eds) Disaster Health Management: A Primer for Students and Practitioners (Routledge, 2017).
- Eburn, M., ‘The international law of wildfires‘, in Breau S.C. and Samuel, K.L.H. (eds.), Research Handbook on Disasters and International Law, (Edward Elgar Publishing, 2016).
- Eburn, M., ‘Bushfires and Australian emergency management law and policy: Adapting to climate change and the new fire and emergency management environment‘ in Burton, L and Sun, L (eds) Cassandra’s Curse: Law and Foreseeable Future Disasters (Studies in Law, Politics and Society; Elsevier, 2015).
- Eburn, M., ‘Managing ‘civil contingencies’ in Australia’ in Walker, C. (ed) Contingencies, Resilience and Legal Constitutionalism (Routledge, 2015).
- Eburn, M., ‘Disaster Risk Reduction in the Shadow of the Law’ in Collins, A.E. Jones, S., Manyena, B. and Jayawickrama, J. (eds) Hazards, Risks, and Disasters in Society (Elsevier, 2015, Hazards and Disasters Series)
- Eburn, M., ‘Sharing responsibility and community resilience: The role of law in converting policy to action’ in Clarke, M. and Griffin, G. (eds) Next Generation Disaster Management (Australian Security Research Centre, 2012).
- Eburn, M., ‘International Disaster Law’ in Alam, S., Bhuiyan J.H., Chowdhury, T.M.R. and Techera, E.J. (eds) Routledge Handbook of International Environmental Law (Taylor & Francis/Routledge, Oxford, 2012).